Cowen announced that Jane Gerhard, Cowen Managing Director and Head of Human Resources, has joined Cowens Management Committee. Cowens Management Committee, established in 2017, is comprised of senior executives from across the organization and is responsible for the development and execution of Cowens long-term strategy.
Jane has been a key contributor to Cowens team for a long time and has played an integral role in the success of Cowens strategic acquisitions and initiatives, said Jeffrey M. Solomon, Cowen Chief Executive Officer. As a financial services organization, our most valuable asset is our people. Janes proven leadership as well as her collaborative, creative and innovative spirit are an essential part our ability to attract, develop and retain world class talent. As a member of Cowens Management Committee, Jane is joining a very strong and skilled team of leaders who will continue to guide Cowens growth into the future.
Cowens Management Committee, which reports to Mr. Solomon, is comprised of the following Cowen executives:
- Dan Charney, Co-President, Cowen and Company
- Robert Fagin, Director of Research, Cowen and Company
- Fred Fraenkel, Head, Cowen Investment Management
- Jane Gerhard, Head of Human Resources, Cowen Inc.
- John Holmes, Chief Operating Officer, Cowen Inc.
- Stephen Lasota, Chief Financial Officer, Cowen Inc.
- Owen Littman, General Counsel, Cowen Inc.
- Tom Strauss, Chairman, Cowen Investment Management
- Larry Wieseneck, Co-President, Cowen and Company
Jane Gerhard currently serves as Managing Director and Head of Human Resources at Cowen. Ms. Gerhard was promoted to her current position following the 2009 merger between Cowen and Ramius.
Prior to joining Ramius in 2004, Ms. Gerhard was Director of Human Resources at FutureBrand, a brand consulting firm owned by Interpublic Group. She has spent the largest part of her career in senior human resources positions at BMO/Harris Nesbitt, Daiwa Bank and Lloyds Bank. Ms. Gerhard has a Bachelors degree in Environmental Studies from Stockton University and is a board member of Msterio, a 501(c)(3) organization that connects children globally through the act of giving.